The Diocesan Youth Commission
The Diocesan Youth Commission is composed of individuals appointed by the Bishop of Roseau and commissioned for a period of 3 years at a time. The role of the Commission is to:
- Assist in developing long-range diocesan responses to the needs of youth.
- Provide a forum to share ideas and programmes.
- Endorse programmes of interest and benefit to those involved in youth ministry in the diocese.
- Approve policies, which impact youth ministry.
- Liaise with other commissions within the diocese
- Ensure representation of youth on the Diocesan Pastoral Council (DPC)
- Implement the vision for ministry for youth and young adults.
- Ensure that youth activities are in harmony with the diocesan pastoral plan
- Advocate for youth at the diocesan level.
- Facilitate communication between the Diocesan Youth Commission and the
AEC Youth Commission.
Current Members of the Diocesan Youth Commission are:
Mrs. Mahalia Paul – The Coordinator of Diocesan Youth Ministry (Chairperson)
Fr. Brancker John – Chaplain for Youth
Mr. Wallace Williams – Deputy Chairperson
Ms. Kimone Joseph – Recording Secretary
Mr. Webster Marie
Mr. Kereem Ferrol
Ms. Ivo Jno Baptiste
Mr. Davis Letang
Sr. Bernadette Peter